Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Activision Announces Guitar Hero 5, Band Hero & DJ Hero for Fall

Sponsored Links
    Activision continues in updating its Guitar Hero franchise this year with three new full titles coming this autumn, as follows:

The newly announced Guitar Hero 5 will offer "the ability to drop in and out of songs and change band members, instruments and difficulty levels on the fly."

The press release contains no other details regarding the game, but you can bet it'll be pretty similar to Guitar Hero: World Tour.

Band Hero is the second of Activision's Hero trifecta for this fall. Don't be confused, Band Hero is completely separate from Guitar Hero. Except it's very similar - it's Activision's attempt at a family-oriented Guitar Hero game, rated E10+, and will be facing off against Harmonix's Lego Rock Band later this year.

Finally, DJ Hero is something we've been hearing a lot of murmurs about for a while. It will feature "diverse music genres including hip-hop, R&B, Motown, electronica and dance" and will include the turntable controller, images of which we posted earlier.

Apparently the title "transforms players into DJs who rule the club scene by creating original mixes of popular songs and music from the world's most exciting artists and DJs."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

dj hero

Sponsored Links
    cant wait for dj hero.. i though guitar hero was cool but this will blow it away i think

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It might be just me, and I might be flamed for this post, but to me it seems like Activison is trying to ride the wave while they can, while the genre still has life in it. Kinda like back in the old days when the fighting genre was just starting to get stale and both Sega, Capcom, and Nintendo were releasing mediocre fighting titles by the dozens just to make a quick buck.

I see DJ Hero and all I can think of is, seriously? Really? How many more fake plastic instruments can we shove in our rooms and closets? And where does it end? Harmonica Hero? Banjo Hero? Harp Hero? Those might sound like big stretches, but if you think about it, so is DJ Hero...

And before anyone asks, I do own GH 2 and 3 and Rock Band 2, and I play the latter somewhat regularly, as I am a big music fan.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News