152w ago - Today Nintendo has released Wii System Menu version 4.3, which like past updates isn't homebrew friendly, and so Waninkoko has released a new Firmware Updater to allow users to update their Wii consoles without jeopardizing homebrew channel applications.
Below are the changes Wii System Menu v4.3 introduces:
• Deletes the Homebrew Channel and DVDX, title IDs HAXX, DVDX, JODI, DISC, and DISK.
• Now uses IOS80.
• IOS254 stubbed BootMii is deleted.
• Fixed Bannerbomb less stupidly this time.
• Added IOS58.
• HackMii Installer Userland+Syscall IOS exploit removed
• ES_AddTitleFinish now checks the signature (Trucha Bug Restorer and similar won't work anymore)
Those who didn't use Waninkoko's application above may encounter "Wii Error:004". According to Nintendo, this error code indicates the system is attempting to load unauthorized software. Unauthorized modifications to save data or program files may impair game play or the Wii console and should be removed.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Right on, I got my savemii yesterday, and well, my wii boots a black screen with 4.3(USA) in the bottom right corner.
so in other words, it's not a full brick, but I'm not sure how I can fix it now. the universal unbrick disc will not boot, maybe I need to buy super mario galaxy 2 with the 4.3 update on it? anyways not sure, I can't find a site with a DVD mod chip on it anymore.