220w ago - WODE (Wii Optical Drive Emulator) has been announced, an exciting evolution of the Wii modchip.
WODE will include a Flatmod type mainboard that attaches (solderless) to the Wii drive cable similar to other available chips.
It also comes with it's own vertical stand that harnesses a slave board with built-in LCD, USB, and SD slot. The SD card is used to house the powerful Linux-based WODE software.
• Play Wii & GC game ISOs direct from USB Mass Storage devices @8X read speed (HDD and FLASH drive)
• Complete Solder free install solution
• Easy to use GUI - LCD & Joystick - NO homebrew software required (no any update of console SO can block this device )
• Region hack, Update blocker, Autoboot.
• Passthrough with FLAT-MOD mode built-in, play your DVD-R Wii & GC backups and Imports @3X read speed
• Powerful ARM9 MCU
• Totally Flexible Linux Kernel
• USB hub support for multiple USB devices connection
• Great File System support - use existing WBFS formatted media or 'drag and drop' ISOs to existing USB devices
Future updates will bring more cool features:
• Disc ripping to WBFS
• USB WiFi & SAMBA streaming
• Torrent & eMule download Client
Here is a YouTube video showing the development hardware.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!