has updated to uLoader v1.7 for Nintendo Wii today, which is now compatible with Rock Band and other USB peripheral titles and it adds parental control.
To quote, roughly translated:
NOTE: Custom IOS 222 1.6 is required now (the new installer with menu uses). This cIOS is incompatible with previous versions, since now the modules are loaded from the outside.
NOTE 2: You only can use port USB 0. The other is reserved for peripheral of the console although you can use it to feed a hard disk on 2.5".
Download: [Register or Login to view links]
Version 1.7 Usage:
1) Copy "apps" folder to your SD
2) Launch cIOS 222 Installer aplicaction. Remenber you it is a different version to use with uLoader. You have the possibility to install cIOS 202 (homebrew), cIOS 222 (uloader) and cIOS 223 (uLoader Alternative)
This cIOS don't includes the ehcmodule or dip_plugin: it is loaded externally using the new dev/mload method and uses an IOS 36, 37, 38 or 60 base (merged with IOS 36)
3) Plug your USB device on port 0 (port 0 is down, port 1 is reserved for others USB devices working from OHCI module. You can use it as power supply for 2.5'' HDDs. (Rockband for example, needs IOS37 base merged with IOS36)
4) Run uLoader 1.7
The new in uLoader 1.7:
- Parental control added: by default the password is 00000 (the last 0 is the 'ENTER', so you can program as new password as XXXX0). You can change it from special menu pressing HOME. You can exits from the password box pressing B. Parental control list the last 8 games launched with date/time, enables the password box and fix a new
- Added one option to delete PNG icons
- Some bugs fixed.
- Support for multiples WBFS partitions (max 4).
- Possiblity to use the alternative cIOS 223 (only to launch games)
- New usb code and more!
NOTES: About dev/mload for homebrew. mload is designed to reserve from 0x13700000 to 0x1377FFFF in the starlet memory to load modules, etc.
See the source code for example loading a module using timers, multithread and methods to send messages.
ehcmodule needs dev/mload to get the EHCI datas and uses a timer to maintain the HDD reading datas (read a sector one time every four seconds.
Optimized for non-recoverable errors and to use the timers from syscalls.
Remember you it works only with one port: you can change it
from ehcmodule -> tiny_ehci_glue.c
The patch for dip/es is not necessary for hombrew, but it only is a bypass way to connect with external dip_plugin anddo not includes modules or binary files
Added a example/ Starlet mÃ³dule to use FAT/FAT32 for log messages or to create/open files in the SD memory