- With this highly anticipated prequel, acclaimed development studio tri-Ace Inc. brings the STAR OCEAN series to Xbox 360 for the first time.
STAR OCEAN: The Last Hope continues the series traditions of soaring space opera, blending science fiction with fantasy for a unique RPG experience.
The refined gameplay features four party members and team-oriented combat, while maintaining the innovative real-time battle system that has become a trademark of the STAR OCEAN series.
Press Release: London (29th January 2008) - Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that STAR OCEAN®: The Last Hope™ will be released across all PAL territories in spring 2009, on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, "STAR OCEAN has already proved to be a popular series in Japan, we now hope that players around the world can discover why. STAR OCEAN: The Last Hope is a stunning new adventure in the series that is sure to delight both fans and newcomers alike."
About STAR OCEAN: The Last Hope
The year is S.D. 10. In the aftermath of World War III, humanity voyages into the stars in search of a new home... and a second chance.
• A prequel that combines sci-fi and fantasy elements, spanning multiple planets and the vastness of space itself to recount the origins of the STAR OCEAN universe.
• Exhilarating combat expands upon the franchise's famous real-time battle system, including the amazing graphics and visual effect only possible on the Xbox 360
• Feature breathtaking CG movies by Visual Works, the cutting-edge studio whose previous work includes cut-scenes for the acclaimed FINAL FANTASY® RPG series
• Fully localised for PAL territories with French, German, Spanish and Italian subtitles and menu screens