250w ago - Today Crediar has updated Preloader to v0.28 for the Nintendo Wii. For those not aware, Preloader 'replaces' the System Menu (it's not really replaced, its main.dol is just
renamed) with a simple loader allowing you to automatically load the Homebrew Channel, a .dol/.elf you installed via SD, and the System Menu.
• rewrote the hacks parser, it's more solid now and detects syntax errors much better
• added a new font
• optimized the menu layout
• you can now add unlimited offsets/value in one hack entry
• added beta version related code
• added a setting which allows to always turn you Wii off even when standby is enabled
• fixed that when shutting down from the System Menu, the Wii always got powered down instead of using the set shutdownmode.
• fixed a bug which prevented updating to a non beta version during beta testing
• fixed a bug in the System Menu hacks scrolling code
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
phpgeek has posted a HEX edited version of preloader which will allow booting of the new HBC. Preloader is a small application which places itself before the System Menu. Its main feature is to directly boot the Homebrew Channel or a file you can install from a FAT device. Preloader is also able to apply memory patches the system menu to remove limitations or other things.
Since Preloader places itself before the System Menu any problems that would cause the System Menu to fail are not causing your whole Wii to stop working.
If autoboot is enabled and you want to access Preloader's menu simply hold RESET while powering the Wii on.
This version of preloader IS IDENTICAL to v0.29. The only difference is that it has been patched to boot the new version of the HBC from the preloader menu. I.E. It will boot "JODI" instead of "HAXX".
Crediar has released a new version of Preloader a HB App which let you manipulate your Wii's System Menu and it is placed into a IOS.Most likely into the Systemmenu's IOS.Read the changelog for more information about the IOS patching.
The simplest and safest way to remove Preloader is to reinstall the System Menu using AnyRegion Changer or a WAD installer. You can also use restoremii with the Bootmii app to reinstall your backup of your system menu, if you had Bootmii installed before Preloader was installed.