has updated the PlayStation 2 Emulator for PC known as PCSX2 to BETA 720 today, and it includes the following changes:
Download: PCSX2 BETA 720
/ PCSX2 BETA 720 Plug-Ins
• Improved block managers for EE/IOP recompilers. Basic asm optimizations combined with a technique of replacing NULL/invalid pointer checks with a direct link to a JIT dispatcher.
• IOP Fixes and Optimizations
• A couple of important VIF fixes
• Started some work on the pcsx2 emitter
• Usual opcodes fixes
• More recompiled opcodes added
• New EE rec "full" clamp mode, for a few picky games
• Usual code cleanups and reorganizations
• Usual speed optimizations (varies from game to game)
• Some EE interpreters fixes
• Added new, temporary gamefix for God of war and persona 3. If you have missing textures with this beta, you can try that.
• Major GUI API Cleanups
• Savestate version upgrade and stability fix
• New yuv2rgb decoder which is up to IPU spec (which differs slightly from MPEG spec). Improves color hue/saturation on many vids, and is a bit faster too.
• Many other small bugfixes and optimizations
Also included, gsdx, spu2-x and lilypad as of 9th of march 2009. Don't expect huge gains, as always.