To quote: This tool creates WAD files. If it should happen to have issues during this procedure, installing corrupt WAD files could BRICK your Wii. Don't use this program if you are not sure of what it accomplishes. No warranty provided, no responsibility on me if you brick anything!
Usage: This program requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. Source is included if you desire to port it away from this prerequisite.
Load the program, and enter a title ID and optionally a specific version number. Title IDs can be found in the Title database.
Check whether you wish to Pack the title into a WAD, and whether the title is for the Wii or DSi. Note that DSi titles cannot be packed into WADs.
Run the download, and you should be presented with the downloaded files and optionally a packed WAD in a folder named after the title ID you chose. All folders/files are saved in the directory that the main program is in.
System WADs can be installed using any normal installer.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
WB3000 has released NUS Downloader v1.3 Beta, with this pc based tool you can download/pack a system file such as IOS/System Menu, and can install them manually.
NUS Downloader, or NUSD, is a PC Utility designed to allow easy access to the resources present on Nintendo's Update Servers. Using this tool, you can download, pack, and decrypt many system titles into WADs ready to install.
- Updates to the database via the user interface.
- Simulates the latest Wii for each region.
- Code optimized.
- The file can be saved to a location specified by the user.
- You can choose to delete the content afterwards.
- Support for scripts NUS (uses Wiimpersonator, etc..).
- Configure proxy authentication (tested by Napo7)
- Certificates collected on the fly (no more cert.sys)
- Support for the Windows taskbar 7.
- Updates to the naming scheme of WAD (suggested by Attila)