- Nintendo Power magazine has some new details about the upcoming Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for the Nintendo DS.
The magazine reveals that the game will have a cel-shaded look and action will be viewed from an isometric perspective. Some details:
- True GTA game - sandbox gameplay, open-world environment, gritty crime narrative.
- Isometric camera angle
- Cel-shaded polygons w/ black borders
- good touch-screen implementation - 'tasteful' minigames, streamlining interface
- UI based on a PDA - hub for email, contacts, map, music player, GPS, stat-tracking
- stats uploaded to Rockstar Social Club website via Wi-Fi
- finger-sized icons
- missions designed for shorter periods of play, arcade quality
- aiming with control pad, auto targeting with R button
- subtle autosteer
- if you fail a mission, you can jump back to the action sequence
- chain gun, flamethrower
- good portion of Liberty City is modeled in the game (different routes than console games)
- no probems with load times, draw-in or frame rate
- lots of pedestrians, cars, etc on screen
- Wanted system - objective is to disable police cars any way possible
- real-time weather effects, 24-hour day/night cycle
- lots of radio stations to listen to (more instrumentals than vocals)
- 800,000 lines of hand-optimized source code (hey, the people like the info, right?)
- no details yet on multiplayer/Wi-Fi features
More screenshots can be seen at the link at the top of this news article!