210w ago - Today some HOT news in the XBox 360 scene has surfaced... ikari has released FreeBOOT v0.2 which allows users to run unsigned XEX files on their XBox 360 consoles... this essentially renders the dev boxes useless, so keep an eye on eBay for price drops soon.
From the ReadMe file: FreeBOOT is a rebooter for the Microsoft Xbox 360. This version of freeBOOT allows you to reboot into kernel 2.0.8955 on all Xenon, Zephyr, Falcon, and Jasper consoles with 16MB flashes, which are vulnerable to the JTAG hack.
Support for Opus and Jasper consoles with larger flashes will follow soon. As freeBOOT needs a second flash memory to store kernel 2.0.8955 and associated data, either a Cygnos360 or an xD card mod is required at the moment.
• Harddisk installation and save game/profile issues have been fixed
• Updated to kernel 8955
• Additional support for Zephyr and Jasper consoles with 16MB flashes
• Support for xD card mod and Cygnos360 V1 added
• Harddisk authentication disabled. The Xbox 360 will now accept any SATA harddisk.
• Removed XEX signature checks. Execution of unsigned devkit and retail XEXes is now possible. Encrypted
• Devkit XEXes must be decrypted with XexTool prior to use.
• Removed LIVE/PIRS signature checks. The dashboard will now run applications from unsigned LIVE/PIRS containers.
• Extendable patch system - Researchers/hackers can now try new patches easily. Please refer to "srcpatches_kernel_8955.S" for more information.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
As CJPC mentoined its so much time for it.I have to say thx to the one who made this for us common user available.By they way....im not hoppfull in the next question but is it possible to downgrade a newer FW x360 with desoldering the old and soldering a new flash with old kernel?
Damn need to get hands on a reall old x360.Or maybe i should send my 3 unrepair able boxes to reball the GPU of them.
To time i cant efford this machine and i dont know how profitable it will be to buy it next year
Ok got my answer.It is possible even if the Efuses are blown to prevent this.But we will need the CPU Key.That means that we have to use the CPU Time attack to get the DVD and CPU Key out from the NAND.
After that we could change the both keys with Hexedit and flash it back.Im not to 100% sure if this works on newer x360 but i will keep up searching and im sure that as soon as i can get hands on x360 of one of my frinds i will downgrade and maybe make a Double NAND mod to it.
It's really about time this stuff starts coming out - things like this have been private for way too long, hopefully it will open up the XBOX a bit more. It makes things much easier to work with Microsoft's documentation (if your a licensed dev, of course) and tools than to do it from scratch.