110w ago - Every once and awhile when something big happens in the non-PS3 console scene we report it, and this weekend C4E has released iXtreme Slim LT+ which allows the world's first game backups to run on an XBox 360 Slim console!
Realtime checks of drive firmware and ram by dashboard - Rootkit technology used to pass several realtime check types. These checks on the drive are open ended so as to make replay of the answers impossible. Will pass any check on any part of the drive
Hardware flash modification check - The 1335 chip performs a hardware check on powerup for modified firmware. Chip fooled into thinking firmware is stock
Slim drive locked to read pressed game discs only - Enabled reading of DVD+R DL media for game discs
All features of current LT+ also included:
• Optimised PFI code to accomodate AP25 SS data
• Defeats current AP25 protection
• Protects console from logging AP25 violation
• Full disc stealth used by default
• Waveless booting , disc images are assumed to be correct!
• Split-Vid used as default
If booting an AP25 title without AP25 SS game will not boot but will still be protected from logging AP25 violation on current dash 12625.
If LT+ encounters an unknown AP25 challenge, game will not boot but console will still be protected from logging AP25 violation on current dash 12625.
AP25 SS are region specific for region locked games.
Thanks go to Team Jungle for their hard work and efforts in the development process. Thanks also go to Team Xecuter for their generous support to this project.
JungleFlasher v0.1.81 beta (226) - a GUI based all-in-one flash tool for iXtreme firmwares. Includes documentation.
New in this release:
• PhatKey support faster responce reading key with x360USB ***f/w update required***
• Slim f/w support 9504 stock/LT+ parseing, LT auto-load and key/serial spoofing... cross spoofing not supported
• SlimKey support Slim 9504 and 0225 key and serial info extraction - x360USB ***f/w update required***
Note: 0225 support is limited to x360USB and other compatible chipsets
Note: via and Nforce not supported * slim/Phat selection MTK tab has selection for Slim/Phat MTK commands Selection is automatic based in inquiry info etc. Slim MTK commands added to support 9504 read/erase/write funtions
Dash Launch v2.21 - This util will launch a XeX or CON file from the path you specified in the launch.ini as long as it's a valid boot path. Depending on the button you hold when the xbox is trying to load the NXE, it will divert to the xex/con tied to that button or return to default as defined in launch.ini allows one to patch kernel/xam at bootup with a freeBOOT patch style bin file from usb or hdd (in that order) must be in root of the device and be named "kxam.patch" and be no larger than 0x4000 bytes.
Again, kxam.patch binary format is the same as a compiled freeboot patch bin, but use real virtual address rather than offset (address - 0x80000000) with the included patch set, launch.xex acts as a helper to detect when xbox1 emulator loads, allowing memory unlock patch and xbox1 emulator to function together. The installer is now much more robust, and can even flash the appropriate patches to your console for you, all that is required is that you have installed freeboot 9199, 12611 or 12625.
New in this release:
• fixed noupdater option, readme is accurate with regards to updates now (sorry)
• fixed dvdexitdash option, no longer conflicts with using miniblade to exit NXE should only affect DVD launched from NXE (note this affects DVD games too)
• fixed a glitch with unhandled exception logging when occurs in kernel
• revert to original fileExist() method
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Do 360 DVDs scratch like regular DVDs or do they have some sort of protective coating? From all the scratching I've heard about 360 DVDs I'll assume not. If I had a 360 I wouldn't use my original discs.