let us know some VERY BIG NEWS
today for the entire X-Box 360 hacking front- after 3 YEARS
of work with the X-Box 360 executable/dll containers known as Xex files he has finally publically released both his XexTool and Xex Loader for [Register or Login to view links]
Downloads: [Register or Login to view links]
/ [Register or Login to view links] [Register or Login to view links]
Be sure to drop by his Web site at [Register or Login to view links]
for a LOT of other handy tools as well, and below are the release details:
With XexTool you can do pretty much anything you want to an xex file except sign it for a retail X-Box 360. Some examples of what it can do are:
* Print out all info about an xex
* Patch an xex file with an xexp patch file
* Extract the basefile from an xex file
* Extract the resources from an xex file
* Export information required to disassemble to an IDC file
* Remove all limits from an xex (such as media, region, library versions)
* Convert a retail xex into a devkit xex
* Change the compressed state of a xex
* Change the encrypted state of a xex
This tool is a command line tool. Those who require a GUI are not the kind of people this tool is aimed at.
Regarding the Xex IDA Support: This is an xex loader for IDA, it lets you open xex files in IDA without any messing around! If this doesn't excite you tremendously then obviously this tool isn't for you hehe.
This works so well it makes me happy just to use it!
This tool uses the same codebase as XexTool and so has the same support (ie works with everything!)
Regarding PPC Altivec Support: This adds support to IDA for the "extra" PPC instructions used by processors such as the one in the Xbox360. This is very useful in combination with the above loader to ensure maximum reversal of xex files.
This was originally developed by Dean Ashton but was added to by some of the xbox-hacker ppl. I just precompiled this for IDA v5.2.