244w ago - Crytek is officially hiring for the PlayStation 3, prompting more speculation (from us) that its hi-tech PC shooter Crysis is heading to console in some form.
A job ad that's appeard on the Germans dev's Web site is advertising for a PS3 console programmer to develop "Next-Generation GameFramework based on CryEngine 2.0".
The applicant must have fives-plus or more years C++ experience and have shipped "at least 1 title for Nintendo GameCube, PS2 or XBOX or simultaneously." What if I've actually made two PS3 games then, is that not good enough to be a PS3 programmer?
The position doesn't come as too much of a surprise as Crytek's already gone on the record saying all of its future titles will be multiplatform from now on.
With that considered, this is probably a move to make CryEngine 2 work on consoles - but we'd still like to see Crysis on PS3, if only so we can run it.
The full job specs follow if you fancy your chances.
• Shipped at least 1 title for Nintendo GameCube, PS2 or XBOX or simultaneously
• 5 or more years C++ object oriented experience
• Strong 3D math and graphics background
• Ability and desire to innovate, contribute and polish all aspects of a game
• Experience with next generation cross-platform development
• Experience working with all major aspects of a game engine
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Passion for making video games
• Gdb debugging knowledge
• Experience with low-level programming
• Experience with multi-threaded engine design, system design
• Power PC assembler experience
• Linux toolchain experience
• Development of a Next-Generation GameFramework based on CryEngine 2.0
• Work on various aspects of porting to engine code to PS3 and creating solutions to get the utmost out of the PS3
• Cross platform code development
• Create and maintain documentation
• Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!