- Per Daimion Pinnock
(Producer, SCEA) today via PS Blog:
By now you've probably come across some great previews for wipEout HD, the upcoming anti-gravity racing title on PSN. Between the 1080p racing at 60 frames per second, the awesome trophy support, motion steering via SIXAXIS, online racing and A LOT more, the excitement level is understandably high. Well, we have some more wipEout HD goodness to share today in the form of an OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE.
Your wipEout HD thirst will be quenched on September 25. Yes, that's right, just 10 days from today. For just $19.99, wipEout HD will be available for download only and includes the following awesomeness:
• Full HD Visuals
• 5 Game Modes - Single Race, Tournament, Time Trial, Speed Lap and Zone Mode
• Online play that supports up to 8 racers competing on a track at a time
• 2-player split screen (horizontally and vertically) offline
• 8 reversible tracks and 12 teams
• Optional use of SIXAXIS motion controls to steer your ship
• A great soundtrack remixed in Dolby 5.1 AND the option for custom playlists that allow you to race to whatever playlists you have on your HDD
• And more, including Trophy support, which we'll outline for you in a future post - so keep your eyes peeled.
That's it for now from the wipEout HD camp. We're looking forward to racing with you all online on Sept 25th!