1. The time of the next scheduled check is now displayed instead of "Delayed x minutes"
2. Form tidied up a bit, added separate Main, Settings and About tabs (see images below)
3. Efficiency: I've think i've resolved an issue with some threads not being disposed of properly - let me know if you notice any problems.
4. Now using the actual version string (e.g. "2.6000") instead of it's value equivalent (e.g. 2.6) - note this also affects filenames too.
5. Fixed "Clear log at application start" issue - which was ALWAYS clearing it!
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
1. Settings load - logging blank settings issue.
2. Check that a update url is selected before attempting to getting it!
3. Check that the ps3-updatelist.txt file is actually available before trying to read it!
4. Version number *should* now update correctly once a download is complete.
5. Version number displayed on tray balloon corrected.
6. Display log with most recent items shown in window
7. Min/Max - ensure max is greater than the min!
8. Added "Downloading firmware: xx.xxxx (x/y)" to tray icon when downloading.
9. Added "Paused" Icon for when paused
10. Added "Error" Icon for when an error occurred during download.
Things i haven't added yet, but am still considering:-
1. Changing download filename to include datetime info (possibly the time the file was uploaded by $ony, but i've not had a chance to even check this is possible yet with http!)
2. (The big one) segmented downloads (ie download acceleration).
p.s. Please post any bugs you spot here.
RE DEV firmwares - if there's an equivalent of the ps3-updatelist.txt url yes could easily be added (Might even work if you just type it in the URL, but its currently coded to extract parameters from the ps3-updatelist.txt file so...). I'll see what else i can find - but it'd help if anyone has links they can direct me to i'll take a look (ie for url's).
Dunno about stealth downloading - I've done the best i can from that angle i think with the randomizer - but maybe could route through an anonomizer proxy (got any good links??)
And re downgrading since this is controlled on the PS3 i don't think there is anything i could do about that i'm afraid (would be nice though )
Further to the DEV Firmware check comment - I've just noticed the SHOP (PS3 Demo) firmware list too, so will add that as well.
Anyone who wants to in the meantime can just copy the above and paste it into the relevant field
However please note that it will only check against the FIRST entry in the list at the moment. (i.e. the JP Shop entry)
Great! Again thx for your work. I want to aks if it is possible in any way to get dev FW too with this tool?
I know that sony could track down or something but maybe you can add a abbility like "stealth downloading"
And with the downgrade i mean that we know sony changed something on the FW since 2.0 and downgrade will be not work even with Infectus Modchip. It seams that some information will be stored on a other place and that blocks the execution of a other FW than the original installed one.
Hehe, thanks for that - I've just had similar here, seems in my tidy up i may have missed something.
Will correct for v1.5
On a side note, mine was running all night ok and mine found the 2.7 update at 3:07am having previously delayed 27mins on the timer. File download completed at 3:13 am UK time (GMT +1 atm) anyone beat this?
Would be interesting to see the earliest time the file was available.
In the logs you need to find the text "New PS3 firmware (2.7000) found (Starting download)" which indicates the time that the update was first discovered. Immediately prior to this is the previous delayed by time.
(Oh and "PS3 firmware 2.7000 download complete." indicates the time it completed.)
Just a quick update for anyone following this project...
There are a few known bugs which I will be addressing soon. Known bugs:-
1. Log file occasionally gets updated with apparently blank setting changes at startup. (e.g. "Firmware server changed to : ")
2. The version checking occasionally (rarely) happens when the ps3-updatelist.txt is missing causing an error like the one gtxboyracer posted.
3. The 'Current firmware' number may not always get updated once the download is completed. However because the firmware file has been downloaded this doesn't cause a problem (the next check will prompt a download however because the file exists it will go straight to 100% complete).
4. Annoyance rather than bug - system tray message after a new firmware is downloaded is - i.e. "Starting download of 2.7000.1+" will correct this as it looks crap!
If you spot any errors other than those listed above (and as per gtxboyracer's screenshot) please raise them here.
While i'm here I may as well let you know about these too... Planned improvements:-
1. I will be adding a 'log' box to the main tab to display the actual log file, this will show the most recent log entries, but will allow you to scroll through the entire log without the need to load it in notepad or equivalent.
2. I will be looking into adding a date/time to the ps3updat.pup filename - hopefully I should be able to obtain the date/time the file was placed online by $ony rather than the date/time it was actually downloaded. If this isn't possible I'll add the date/time of the download.
3. I'm also thinking of further improving the download time by segmenting this - however this is a little more complex and may take a bit longer to achieve.
p.s. I don't envisage there being many more updates to this application other than for the above + and bugs raised.