216w ago - Titan Studios Creative Director Craig Leigh has announced news today of a Fat Princess PS3 Demo, Patch 1.03 and a free New Pork Map.
To quote: Today is a great day indeed. Your faithful developers at Titan Studios and team at Sony Santa Monica Studio are extremely happy to announce that after careful thought and great labor, Patch 1.03 is complete and ready for imminent release.
Patch 1.03 contains the awesome New Pork city level, and due to the amazing support we have received from the community, we have decided to release the map for free! Yes you heard us right, for free!
Just as important, we have implemented many fixes and tweaks to make the game better than ever. The Fat Princess demo will also go live with the release of 1.03, so everyone who has been dying to try out the game can finally check it out. Huzzah, cake and candy confetti (see below, if you please) for everyone!
1.03 Patch Notes
After playing innumerable games, reading the forums and piles of email, and reviewing all the great feedback we received from you, the fans, we have made a variety of tweaks to the gameplay balance and systems to ensure the game stays fair, fresh and as fun as ever.
Here is a full breakdown of all the changes that can be found in the upcoming patch:
• A brand new awesome city map has been added called New Pork...and it's free!
Game System Tweaks
• The host's ability to kick and ban players has been removed.
• The ability for players to switch teams post-game is now restricted so that sides cannot be unbalanced by more than 2 players.
• A new switching team system has been implemented during matches:
* If there is a deficit of 2 players between teams, the weaker team will drop a team colored ball on the death of a player.
* Picking up the colored ball switches a player's team and rewards them with a 300 point bonus.
* So... get the ball.
• The 10 game average ranking system has been removed.
• A new ranking system has been implemented, which adds rank points for every game based on the player's score.
• Awarded ranking titles will now never go down once earned.
• Online leaderboards have been increased to display all players not just the top 1000.
• All online leaderboards are to be reset shortly after patch 1.03 is released, but all unlocked customizations and trophies will remain unlocked. You will not lose them.
Main Bug Fixes
The Princess disappearing bug has been fixed.
The issue with statistics and trophies not saving correctly has been fixed.
• The Dark Priest's lock-on range has been reduced.
• The Dark Priest's drain ability has been slightly reduced.
• The Ranger now has larger movement penalty when locked on and charging attacks.
• The Adv. Ranger has a smaller shot dispersion and increased damage per shot.
• The Warrior's attack damage has been increased slightly.
• The Warrior's movement speed has been increased slightly when locked on and charging attacks.
• The Warrior's 360 degree protect when his shield is raised has been increased from 20% to 40%
• Warrior's Lock on range increased to match Ranger to stop class being hit from behind when retreating
• Warriors weapon collision box increased in size to aid with hit detection
• Adv Warrior speed increased slightly when locked on and charging to match his normal movement speed
• Adv Warrior damage increased
• Adv Worker's bomb knockback force removed
• Princess calorie burn decreased slightly in weight state 3 and 4
• Two new control schemes have been implemented to allow players to use the R1 button to attack and to free the player's right hand for target switching. This is AWESOME.
• New switching team bonus added of 300 points.
• Princess rescue score increased to 300 points.
• Princess rescue assistance bonus increased to 150 points.
• Princess escort bonus increased to 75 points.
• Win game scoring reduced to 150 points.
• Match completion bonus added of 75 points.
• Average Rank bonus award removed for games won under 3 minutes.
• Bonus score for winning games in under 3 minutes removed.
• Candy confetti added as a special effect when blood is turned off. Check this out - it is really cool.
• All loading screens now in color.
• Loading screens now allow players to scroll to next and previous tips during the load.
• We look forward to slaughtering you - ahem, seeing you - on the battlefield!
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Nice post, I fired up the game to see if it the patch and map were out already. They aren't, but after reading the ps blog link ... : "The 1.03 Patch with New Pork will be released next Thursday, 10/29"