205w ago - Below is a video from MaemoItalia demonstrating how to control the PS3 with the Nokia N900 via BlueMaemo.
BlueMaemo is a remote controller program for the Maemo-powered devices. With BlueMaemo you can turn your Maemo-powered device in a mixed Bluetooth keyboard-and-mouse device through the HID Bluetooth profile.
When you have a PlayStation 3 or PC running Windows, Linux or Mac OS X the PS3 / PC is Bluetooth-ready and supports the HID Bluetooth profile. You have a Nokia Nseries phone with BlueMaemo loaded and you're now in control.
Windows XP and Media Center Edition:
• Turn bluetooth on.
• Start BlueMaemo on the device.
• Go to the bluetooth preferences and choose 'Add a new device'.
• Choose the device and choose a blank password (you can also choose a numeric password the PassAgentKey will appear on the device asking for the password).
Recently astrogirl wrote a BlueMaemo pairing guide for PS3 users, to quote:
The steps I do to pair are: On the PS3 go to the menu Settings > Accessory Settings > Manage Bluetooth Devices.
• Press Register New Device and Start Scanning
• On the n810 I make sure bluetooth is on and open bluemaemo.
• The PS3 will as to enter a key which I typed into the n810. It then gives a message that they are now connected (the n810 just says "Connected to:", as in the ps3 does not have a name)
• To use the most keys (including direction buttons) you have to be on the keyboard profile or assign them in the game controller.
• To use the triangle button you have to be on the mouse profile.
The buttons are:
Triangle: Right mouse button
Circle: Escape (back button)
Check out the video below!
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
@Poopsqueege: yeah, it would probably run on Mer, but I can't guarantee you that though, so just try it and see for yourself.. however, like I said, it kills 100% of the CPU, and it's not responsive at all, so it's kind of useless for now unfortunately.