• Minor message output changes
• Fixed bug where rcomage may have tried to convert non-GIM images through gimconv when dumping
• Fixed minor issue if Image/Sound/Text tree contained no subentries
• Removed option to select compression for PNG/JPG/TIF/GIF resources in GUI as it's mostly useless and may break the RCO if changed
• Add UMDFlag attribute to RcoFile tag
• Reduce the use of CDATA sections in the dumped text XML file
• Add basic VSMX decoder/encoder; add corresponding option when dumping/compiling in CLI and GUI, as well as vsmxdec and vsmxenc functions in the CLI
• Export some internal constants to .ini files
• Add support for UTF8 and UTF32 text in RCOs (found in PS3 RCOs); also fixed some potential character encoding issues
• Add support for Fontstyle entries (used in the sysconf PS3 RCO)
• Greatly improve handling PS3 RCO object structures (thanks goes to geohot for RCO samples)
• Add support for writing PS3 RCOs; also modify GimConv to add PS3 configuration option
• Add --ini-dir option to allow specifying INI directory for the CLI
• Add version tag 0x97 as a valid PS3 tag (fixes some issues with dumping RCOs from older PS3 firmwares) [thanks to Mr Shizzy for the samples]
• Export animtable tag constants to .ini file; also fix up PS3's special MoveTo animation
• Minor modification to WAV parser - will now skip bytes if header specifies it
• Remove UTF-8 BOMs from dumped XML before the text values - seems to cause issues on some machines (and I don't think it's exactly valid anyway)
• Strip nulls from text (RCO Editor may add them)
• Replace the various "unknownInt1" name with "accelMode" - thanks to Vegetano1 for the find
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
so all we need to do to get a working custom xbm is to replace the rco's with our own compiled ones in the dev_flash using the exploit, right? I also did notice when you extract a PUP file you will get the vsh.tar but it's encrypted
btw did you guys know that you can connect a Pocketstation to the ps3 via the memory card slot
I discovered it when I dumped the explore_plugin_full.rco file.
Groovy, that's some sweet news right there. I'm curious though, is the depth of customization as deep as it is on PSP? I made a couple custom themes for PSP, and i wouldn't mind taking a look inside a PS3 theme, and see how much i can tweak it! Great job on the Program!
i consider this another great step forward for the community! The more we can tweak everything, the better and easier its all going to get! The things i would love to do to the XMB! it could look so beautiful with full hardware support from the PS3, that it might just bring a tear to your eye. Sweet program man.