For those unaware, Open Remote Play is a cross-platform API and player which enables PlayStation 3 owners remote access from their laptop or phones. It's been confirmed as working on Sony's latest PS3 Firmware 2.76 for those curious.
To quote: Open Remote Play v1.1; things you should know:
1. ORP v1.1 introduces game launching, video scaling (1.5x & 2x size), full screen mode, and many bug fixes.
2. The Mac version, awesome, absolutely awesome. Little bit of key lag... Not much.
3. Windows, well some of you may have issues, some may not... In our case we've tested XP, it seems to work fine with some minor issues. Vista, not so much – seems to bail on something... Maybe someone can test and report their experiences below or in the forums. Windows 7 (64bit) users – it works. You may need to resize the Window (drag the bottom right corner) to see the "Save", "Delete", and "Cancel" options when editing your ORP profile.
• Add joystick support with a default SIXAXIS/DS3 button map.
• Add proper audio+video synchronization (added a quick hack for now).
• Add ability to set/manage buffering and bit-rate profiles.
• Add error messages to the player instead of just bailing silently.
• Implement power-on support.
• Clean-up and document API.
Note: ORP v1.1 requires TCP and UDP port 9293 forwarding to your PS3 in order to be accessible from a public network.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
That is it in a nutshell... and you need a modded PSP (required) to use it also. Here are the next update's features to date:
Open Remote Play v1.2
Mouse motion events are now sent only while holding the ALT key down from within full-screen mode.
Vastly improved full-screen mode. Scales video to desktop resolution, much faster and now works as expected under Windows.
Added proper padding for audio/video packets. This fixes the random read access violation crashes under Windows.
Switched to AVPacket structures in preparation for implementing proper audio/video synchronization (PTS/DTS).
Added PS3 'chime' sample which plays when a connection has been established.
Fixed missing windows icon.
Added support for left and right analog sticks.
Added support for all SIXAXIS/DS3 buttons.
Added mouse support.
Added SELECT (F3) and START (F4) keyboard mappings.
Fixed CTRL-key issues, thanks to lethalwp for the patch.