209w ago - Today TheUnkn0wn from the NGU forums (linked above) has released a Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CVAR Tool v2.0 for PS3.
This tool allows you mod your SAVEGAME.SVG file so you can have things like super jump, infinate ammo, infinate health, all weapons and much more.
This is ONLY FOR SINGLE PLAYER AND SPEC-OPS. I copied a list of the CVARs (commands) and in the screen shot you can see how you enter the CVARs. Not sure what all commands do but you can experiment with the commands and different values.
Changes in v2.0 I have fixed the 'Fix Checksum', it should now work properly.
I have modified the CVAR's in the CVAR List. Bugs that made 2 byte values create an incompatible gamesave have been fixed!
Why Release? I am the first to do this aswell as reverse the checksum myself, as I have been able to do this for quite a while. I just thought I might aswell release it as there's nothing special about it.
What does this do? This allows you to modifiy the Single Player and Spec-Ops with CVAR's.
What are CVARS? CVARS's are small commands that allow you to change variables in the game. CVAR's are part of the Quake Game Engine. This is what the COD4 Game Engine was built uppon. (e.g: jump_height 999, this will make you jump REALLY high)
How to Use? 1. Copy your 'Modern Warfare 2 - Single Player' gamesave from your PS3 to a USB Stick.
2. Plug your USB Stick into your PC, Load up my program. Load SAVEGAME.SVG from your USB Stick (Located Like This)
3. After you have loaded SAVEGAME.SVG you can now use [ADD] or use the [CVARS] button's to modifiyadd CVARS.
4. Once you are happy with the edits, simply [Save SAVEGAME.SVG] and overwrite your existing SAVEGAME.SVG on your USB Stick.
5. Stick your USB Stick back into your PS3. Copy the 'Modern Warfare 2 - Single Player' gamesave back onto your PS3.
6. Load up MW2, Enter Single Player and go on 'Resume Game'.
7. After the Mission has loaded, Press pause and go onto [Save and Quit].
8. Now you can select a mission or go onto Spec-Ops with your modified CVARS!
Whats the [Fix Checksum] button for? This allows you to fix the checksum of any manualy edited SAVEGAME.SVG (using a hex editor), if you edit the SAVEGAME.SVG in my program you won't need to use this.
If you are confused at this point, then this Tool isn't for you. If you find Bug please report them to me.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
ohhh man this is... well its not epic lol... but awesome non the less... i'm glad it doesnt work online.. between the 12yr olds yelling shoot him, and some gangsters blasting music, hacks would just make me trade the game in... nice to know i won't be seeing those