- Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), announced today that Grand Theft Auto IV for the PC is now available for purchase at retail outlets nationwide and for digital download on Steam (http://store.steampowered.com).
Press Release: Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto IV for the PC Now Available In Stores and for Digital Download
"We are very proud to be releasing Grand Theft Auto IV for the PC," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "We have taken our time to ensure this version of the game is not just a quick port, but a perfectly tailored experience for the PC. We hope the PC gaming community appreciates all of the innovative features in the game. Grand Theft Auto began on the PC and we have tried very hard to ensure this version was worthy of that heritage."
Developed by Rockstar Toronto in conjunction with series creator Rockstar North, the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV offers a wealth of new features, including 32-player multiplayer modes - expanded from 16 on the console versions of the game; a deep, sophisticated and easy-to-use video editor tool to capture and edit in-game footage; stunning, high-resolution graphics; and the all-new Independence FM radio station that allows players to add their own songs for a truly personalized and unique in-game music experience.
Eurogamer calls Grand Theft Auto IV on PC a "genuinely ground-breaking blockbuster in video game history." According to popular gaming site, 1UP.com, "the upgraded visuals and improved multiplayer for what's already been hailed as the year's most significant game make this a PC version worth getting excited about -- really excited about."
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows Vista™ operating system - Service Pack 1 / Windows® XP - Service Pack 3
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4 Ghz
- Memory: 1.5GB Windows Vista / 1GB Windows XP, 16GB Free Hard Drive Space
- Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / Windows XP - Service Pack 3
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz
- Memory: 2.5GB Windows Vista / 2.5GB Windows XP, 18GB Free Hard Drive Space
- Video Card: 512 MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870