267w ago - Although still labeled as System Menu 3.3, this Nintendo Wii update officially includes the renaming of Wii Points to Nintendo Points and cosmetic changes to some of the menu icons.
Unofficially, the update is said to block the Wii Homebrew Channel and more as follows:
- This blocks new installations of anything fakesigned, that is, Homebrew Channel (both new installs and updates), wads (legal and illegal), Starfall, cIOS, anything that installs IOSes secretly like AnyRegion Changer or AnyTitle Deleter, xyzzy and DVDX (used for apps which have DVD support). This list is not exhaustive, but please add to it if you think of anything else.
- This also blocks access to /dev/flash. This means raw nand dumping utilities no longer work.
- If something is already installed then it isn't affected, like Homebrew Channel, etc.
- The homebrew developers are already planning how to work around this update.
- You currently need this update to access the Wii Shop Channel.
- If you already have the Homebrew Channel and DVDX, and aren't planning to install anything big that will affect your Wii, then you are most likely unaffected. Normal everyday apps such as Homebrew Browser are completely unaffected as long as you already have the Homebrew Channel.
- It updates all IOSes with the fakesigning bug, and adds IOS51.
Notice: WiiBrew suggests that you do not update your Wii until more information is known about the update and its effects on homebrew.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!