195w ago - We've previously covered the WODE which is set to revolutionize the Nintendo Wii modification scene.
USB Loaders have their downfalls as they don't boast 100% compatibility and are limited to the WBFS a file system designed for the loaders.
The WODE is a totally hardware based solution that comes with the compatibility and reliability of a modchip - something you can't get with software loaders. Anyway, the WODE Team have just launched a Web site for their upcoming modification.
It doesn't reveal much, but the opening animation is interesting. It seems the stand for the Wii houses a port and the intro shows it using a USB hard drive or an Ethernet card. That totally got my attention.
To quote: WODE will include a Flatmod type mainboard that attaches (solderless) to the Wii drive cable similar to other available chips.
It also comes with it's own vertical stand that harnesses a slave board with built-in LCD, USB, and SD slot. The SD card is used to house the powerful Linux-based WODE software.
WODE is compatible with WII DMS, D2B, D2A, D2C, D2C2, D3, D3-2 boards. The OS is LINUX and allow to manage WIFi connection and many others features, like a Mini Computer.
Here are the specifications for the WODE:
• Play Wii & GC game ISOs direct from USB Mass Storage devices @8X read speed (HDD and FLASH drive)
• Complete Solder free install solution
• Easy to use GUI - LCD & Joystick - NO homebrew software required (no any update of console SO can block this device)
• Region hack, Update blocker, Autoboot.
• Passthrough with FLAT-MOD mode built-in, play your DVD-R Wii & GC backups and Imports @3X read speed
• Powerful ARM9 MCU
• Totally Flexible Linux Kernel
• USB hub support for multiple USB devices connection
• Great File System support - use existing WBFS formatted media or 'drag and drop' ISOs to existing USB devices
Future updates will bring more cool features:
• Disc ripping to WBFS
• USB WiFi & SAMBA streaming
• Torrent & eMule download Client
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!