217w ago - As a follow-up to our Nintendo Wii WODE Demos article from earlier today, we now have some Wii WODE final design pictures to share.
A few of them are below, with the rest available HERE. Finally, in case anyone missed the pricing and WODE specs here they are: 79,90 € incl. the vertical stand.
• Play Wii & GC game ISOs direct from USB Mass Storage
devices @8X read speed (HDD and FLASH drive)
• Complete Solder free install solution
• Easy to use GUI - LCD & Joystick - NO homebrew software
required (no any update of console SO can block this device)
• Region hack, Update blocker, Autoboot.
• Passthrough with FLAT-MOD mode built-in, play your DVD-R
Wii & GC backups and Imports @3X read speed
• Totally Flexible Linux Kernel
• USB hub support for multiple USB devices connection
Great File System support - use existing WBFS formatted
media or 'drag and drop' ISOs to existing USB devices
Future updates will bring more cool features:
• Disc ripping to WBFS
• USB WiFi & SAMBA streaming
• Torrent & eMule download Client
Official WODE-JUKEBOX STREETPRICE will be 70/80 eur - 100/115 USD the Kit for sales will include:
• 1pc WODE MAIN BOARD to install inside Wii case like a FLAT MODE modchip
• 1pc 32pins flat cable to connect wode to WII dvd drive
• 1pc 32pins flat cable to connect WODE Main-Board to external
• WODE Vertical Stand
• 1pc. USB power cable
• 1pc. Wii SPECIAL VERTICAL STAND that include inside WODE
• SLAVE BOARD with LCD screen, USB connector, SD/SDHC CARD
• Slot and navigation-Joystick
Hardware specs of WODE is:
• ACTEL A3P125 FPGA (manage bridge to Wii drive data bus)
• MCU NXP LPC3143 - 270 MHz, 32-bit ARM926EJ-S - 128AES
• 512 SDRAM DDR
• 4Mbyte SPI flash (the firmware of WODE)
• SD CARD SLOT (used like drive C: for linux and extra
• USB 2.0 support
• LCD 128x64 pixels w/ backlight
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
This is not really a argument becouse to the beginning of flatmii there was also no iso selector channel or dol available.But now it will.
Not really!No single SD/USB loader can start games from NTFS/EXT3FS or HPFS.Then there will always be trouble shooting games but with a good Modchip like this one you will gain more compatiblity then with a software loader.
Than you also have a build in pass trough modchip like the flamod will be and you also have:
This will be defenitly a good price for all this benefits.
Another problem is that I do not want to put my Wii on the side, it created problem for me in the past and I just keep it flat, this will be a problem for me to get this item, it look like it can do everything but it will be another item next to my console and without the Wii in it, it won't look very good.
This is an interesting product and I'll love to watch it's progress. I love that it supports mutliply file systems and it's compatible is pretty much perfect. Also ninty will have a hard time blocking this with any sort of update. I am not however a fan of the LCD thingy. I would rather just pick my games from a GUI like the softmod USB loaders have.
I don't want to run to my wii everytime I wanna play a game. It kinda defeats the purpose of USB loading to me. Another con to me is the fact I can get the funtionality of near 95 percent backup of wii games loading for free with a softmodded wii with USB loader and cioscorps ( which is also 3x speed). So the only real funtionality would be USB loading of gamecube games and I guess is that worth $100. Guess we shall see.