- Below is a list compiling the Top 10 Most Difficult Games I found on the Internet, althouh I don't completely agree with the list personally, it's still a good article. Anyway, on the the show...
10) Alien Hominid HD
What began as a tough flash game became a legitimate phenomenon on several consoles, staying very difficult throughout.
9) Ikaruga by TREASURE Co., Ltd.
In a nod to classic top-down shooters, Ikaruga brings in all of the elements that has made the genre popular, including the steep difficulty.
8) R-Type by Hudson
The original shooter in the beloved franchise, the first R-Type is extremely difficult for all but the most hardcore fans.
7) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by Nintendo
The first game that helped make the turtles a household game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is tough from the get-go, with overly precise jumping puzzles and tons of enemies.
6) Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos by Tecmo
The sequel to the NES smash hit is also one of the toughest of the bunch, which is a feat considering how they're all nearly impossible.
5) Shinobi by SEGA
SEGA's ninja franchise stormed the PS2 with a fury when Shinobi launched, easily one of the hardest games on the system.
4) Ghosts N' Goblins by Capcom Entertainment
Few games throw an incredibly different series of levels at you AND THEN force you to do it all over again after getting to the final boss, but Ghosts and Goblins is a cruel, cruel beast.
3) Contra 4 by Konami
The latest Contra (and first proper entry to the series in well over a decade) brings the series back in hair-pullingly difficult form.
2) Battletoads by Tradewest
Quite arguably the toughest NES game of all time, I've never met anyone capable of completing the Snake Pit.
1) Ninja Gaiden Sigma by Tecmo
Volumes could be written about Ninja Gaiden's difficulty, and those that have actually beaten on any difficulty level are certainly to be commended.